Sunday, October 22, 2006

What's been happening...

I realized I hadn't posted anything in awhile, so i figured I better soon before I get those 'new post please' comments!! Well, after the wedding my family from out west was here for an extra few days which was tons of fun! It's always a good time when we get together (which isn't often), so we made the most of every single minute, including a trip to the Welland Canal to watch the ships come in and Niagara Falls, as some had never been before.
My mom and 3 of her sisters
At Niagara Falls

My cousins Courtney and Leah

After everyone went home, it was back into full school mode and time to play catch-up, as I had been putting school off during the whole festivities of the wedding. I'm really enjoying my placement in medical psychiatry, contrary to what I thought!! It's really interesting and there's so much to learn there. We see so many different patients with really complex and diverse situations. So, maybe a career in psych for me?? I don't know yet, but I'm not ruling it out anymore.

This past weekend I went up north to Camp Crossroads to help cook for a youth leadership retreat. Heather and I both went up and had a great time in the kitchen cutting up fruit and vegetables, and making yummy desserts!! It was a nice change from the normal everyday routine we get used to here, being students and all!!

So, that's about all the updates I have right now. I"m in the middle of trying to put together my Halloween costume...no, not to go trick-or-treating, but for my friends annual Halloween party. I'm not telling you what I'm being, but i'll post some pictures after! Take care everyone...love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nic, i'm pretty excited to see what your halloween party costume is all about! one of my friends here went to a party as a unicorn, which I'm also excited to see...
so far i've stayed away from halloween parties, for no particular reason.
hope you had/will have fun! post quickly!!!