Saturday, January 13, 2007

Happy New Year...a few days late!!

I don't know why I always let so much time pass before I post something new...I always enjoy reading other peoples blogs but never post anything on mine. It's something I will work on this year!!

I started my new placement this week on the oncology ward at Credit Valley Hospital in Missisauga. It's a good 50 minute drive for me, which isn't fun especially when I have to start work at 7am...but I won't complain b/c that's the area of nursing that I wanted. I worked 2 night shifts this week which were definitely different, and surprisingly very busy. I got very tired at around 11:30pm, but once you get past midnight it gets better. And, I got to sleep for 2 hours, so it wasn't too bad. The drive home is tricky though...I think I'll have to find someplace to sleep in Missisauga after a night shift b/c I don't even remember half of the drive home the other morning b/c I was so tired. Yikes.

So, Christmas was good...I realize that was awhile ago, but I haven't posted in awhile, so just hear me out. I bought Claire these cool sunglasses for Christmas. She loved them and even kept them on her face for at least 5 minutes. We were all taking pictures and she just kept looking from one camera to the next, just loving it! She was pretty much the entertainment over the holidays, which I guess is to be expected. It definitely changes things when the house is full of baby toys, high chairs, exer-saucers etc. But it's fun and I love every minute of it.

Other holiday happenings:
Fondue Party at Briers

Tapas with Jenny and Amber

Games night at Kristie's


That's all for now...I'll try to update more often...and I know I probably say that all the time, but I will try!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the oh-so-random pic of me and amber.. WHAT were we doing???

Hillary said...

Good to see a post. Claire is a little movie star with those glasses! Hope to see you soon.

rob said...

hey nic! i love reading your blogs. and can i just say that the two pictures of the fondue party at my house made me miss home seriously much, which is odd because in hawaii that doesn't happen very often. and claire man, she's so cute. SO cute. fun times. anyways, i love you and GUESS WHAT i come home in under two months which means that i get to see you really soon. yay! hope you're having a rad january. talk to you soon.
love
robby

brando said...

love the photos, nik. brought me home for a moment. have a great week, and enjoy your placement.

Anonymous said...

I love babies at christams time!! i love having the house full of baby stuff. lucky auntie. how's the job going? how are the crazy shifts going at the hospital? love & miss you...

Erica said...

seriously Nic - it's time for something new!

Anonymous said...

Found your blog off of Robyns and just thought I would comment that your neice is verrryyyyy cute. Also the other pictures are great too. And I like the one in Sept.
Betty