Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I know, I know...

So, I decided it was probably time to update this thing. And again...I don't know how many people still check this, but to those who are reading this right now...thanks for having faith in me that someday I would update it!!
Erica's posts with all her cakes inspired me to try my hand at cake decorating...so here is a picture of a cake i made for my friends baby shower. The shower was pink themed.

I also made some baby themed cookies.

I think my dream job would be to open up my own bakery! Someday, maybe after I've been a nurse for a few years, I just might do this!
My job is going really well. I love working in the OR, and the people I work with, so I have no complaints. I have another year on my contract, so for now I'm content.
I've joined a running club for the spring with 3 of my friends, and surprisingly it's going quite well. We decided that we needed something to do to get us into shape and just to be healthy. So, we meet 3 times a week and run with a big group of people. It's nice to get out and be a part of something while getting some exercise at the same time.
Well, that's all for now. My wonderful roommate is cooking supper for us and it smells so good...so I think I'll go see if she needs help...or if it's ready to eat yet!!

7 comments:

Erica said...

Nikki! I clicked over on a whim to see if anything was new, and to my delight and surprise, there was! Nice cake and cookies! Glad I could inspire. You are quite the little baker. Having a bakery is my dream job too, although that is based on nothing but having my own fun in the kitchen!
I really love those cookies. I want one. One that is a onesie.
Thanks for the update. Love you lots! See you in AUGUST!!

rob said...

nic, that cake is amazing!!! good job, wow. and i see you're using that nice french baking mat from a certain special someone. (cough me cough) you probably SHOULD open a bakery, you've got skills.

any more ghost stories from the apartment?

jocelyn said...

i love reading this and remembering you come into the kitchen to see if i needed help and i was definitely almost done cooking.

love being your baking cheerleader and taste tester!!!!

Leah said...

like erica, i clicked over to see if, by some miracle, you had posted something new, and you had! hooray! i am impressed with the cake, it looks amazing! now i want to make a cake! maybe i will, and write a post about it! i will be seeing you in august too!!!

grahamandkristy said...

That is a fantastic cake Nic!! I am sooo impressed..beats the one we made!!
Miss ya.

Anonymous said...

Nic! Yippee! You did it! A new post, I mean!! But honestly, how the heck do you get a cake to look as good as that? I know I certainly couldn't. Did Erica make it for you and ship it over? She has been known to send weird things in the mail - like cinnamon buns!!!!!!!
No really, it and the cookies look bakery ready and you really are sumpin'!
So glad life is good for you - love you
aunti rose

betty said...

Hey Nic!
It's a month after you posted this but I just clicked over from Briers, (she posts every 2 weeks :) ). Your baking is beautiful!!! I am hoping to have a baby shower for Brier, maybe you can make a cake for that for me.