Sunday, June 04, 2006

Why I love SUMMER!!

Hammocks!! That is one of the many reasons why I love summer. And unfortunately this hammock belongs to my brother (arghh) and will be taken from me when he moves out, so i've decided that i must make the most of every opportunity i have to use it. So, that is what i did today. I laid outside in the hammock and read pretty much all day, and it was fabulous!

Some other reasons why i love summer:

1. Iced tea...my mom makes her own and it's the best ever.

2. Flip-flops...i don't think i need to explain that one.

3. Toasted tomato sandwiches...especially when the tomatoes come from my garden, but as of right now i've been enjoying tomatoes from the grocery store and they've been very good.

4. Swimming...my neighbours just opened their pool last week which i'm very excited about. I have yet to go in it, but soon...very soon.

5. BBQ's...good food, good friends, good fellowship...what more could you ask for.

6. Summer nights...when the temperature is just perfect and still warm even at mignight.

7. Vacations/cottages

8. All the people/neighbours out and about...walking, biking, rollerblading, it just makes me happy.

9. Beaches...and especially the smell of sun tan lotion and that sleepy feeling you get after you've been at the beach all day.

10. Ice cream...and especially ice cream with fresh peaches!!

I could probably name a few more favourites, but i'll leave it at that.

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Sounds like summer to me! And finally a new post..that makes me happy. I have to say that I agree with every single on of those summer loves.

Erica said...

I think beaches and apple slices would be on mine! I love you Nikki - glad you are enjoying the weather!

Leah said...

Hear Hear to the homemade iced tea, those aunties sure know how to make it! and the toast tomatoes - the best. in our house we called them Toast. Mat. Sand's.
wish we could go to the beach and have some banana choc. chip. muffs and build a lipsuction pit. love you.

rob said...

niks! whatever you know my mom's iced tea is the real best. hahaha... did you know i'm going to be home in like, ten days? isn't that so wicked? i miss you.... can't wait to enjoy those same things about summer!
love you!