Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Submarines, France and dancing!!

So, this morning at 9:15am, I got all 4 of my impacted wisdom teeth pulled!! I haven't really been feeling good all day and have yet been able to keep any kind of food/liquid down, but I'm sure that will pass and I'll be eating chips again in no time!
I was amazed at how fast I was out when they put my IV in. I just remember the doctor injecting the drugs and the nurse putting oxygen over my nose and than it was over. I dont' remember walking from the room into the recovery area, but my mom was waiting there and apparently I was talking about being on a submarine. The nurse had told my mom not to let me fall asleep and I had to sit on the bed against the wall. I guess I started to close my eyes, so my mom said 'Nikki, don't fall asleep', and I pleasantly responed with 'Screw off!'...oops!! I then proceeded to talk about being in France and how I wanted to go dancing while singing along to the song playing on the radio. I just remember really wanting to lie down on the bed, and I vaguely remember this, but I pointed and said to my mom 'Mom, what's that over there?' She looked, and I sneakily started to lie down while laughing and saying 'tricked ya'. Later mom was telling me all this and we had some good laughs!

9 comments:

Hillary said...

Oh Nic, that makes me laugh. I LOVED the drugs of my wisdom teeth experience. I demanded that the dentist give me a prize for doing so well. He offered me a toothbrush, to which I responded "You call that a prize?" I actually ended up with a pencil, which I later asked my mom where I got it. Fun times. Hope you are feeling better soon. I would bring you a frosty or something if I could.

bri and shawn said...

nic you are SO funny. im basically crying. (from laughing!). WHY couldn't i have been there???

ps. never knew you were getting those pesky teeth out. we ought to talk every now and again...

Anonymous said...

You are a hoot! I wish you well.

Erica said...

Nic you are a funny one! I wish I had a funny wisdom teeth story to tell, but alas, I do not. Good luck with the chipmunk cheeks!

Anonymous said...

Nik - good story, thanks for the laugh! You really tricked your mom, eh? Wishing you good food soon without the throw-up. Love Auntie Barb

Anonymous said...

Oops, I mean Nic. sorry about that. Auntie Barb

Ryan said...

Hey Nic...

Good story!! Dentist drugs are such a blast. When I came out from getting my W. Teeth out, I started hitting on the mom-type lady in the bed beside me. What really spiced things up was that her husband was sitting right there with her. oops. :o) But, oh what a feeling when you're on those things.

Anonymous said...

funny story!

Leah said...

great story nic, i made clarke cry after he got his wisdom teeth pulled.
amy